Title: Doctor's Assistant
Company: Clarkson Eyecare
Location: Sharpsburg, GA
Training Provided, no experience required!
Monday -Thursday 8-5
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Strong customer service skills
- Excitement to learn and grow
- Facilitate patient flow
- Assist the doctor in preliminary testing
- Verify medical and vision insurances
- Effectively communicate with patients, doctors, and managers
- Answer inquiries through phone, email, and in person request
- Promote frames and lenses recommended by the doctor to meet patient needs
Full Benefits Package - Medical, Vision, Dental
401k + Employer Matching
Paid Time Off, Holidays
Competitive Base Pay + Bonus
Optical Education Reimbursement
Paid Maternity Leave
A Doctor's Assistant is a valuable asset to an Optometrist as they assist in providing excellent patient care to the patients during their visit. This employee is able to handle a wide range of duties while using optical equipment to perform the initial testing needed to prepare a patient for an exam with an Optometrist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service during every patient encounter (in person or via phone)
- Display a professional attitude, greet patients promptly with a smile, and thank them when they leave
- Practice urgency at all times with patient’s time, as well as doctor’s time and schedule
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including HIPAA
- Operate manual lensometer, auto-lensometer, autorefractor/keratometer, retinal camera, visual field, GDX or OCT
- Follow scripting for testing equipment (photos, visual fields, visual activity, etc.)
- Clean all examination equipment including tonometer tip
- Set phoropter to patient RX or re-set to plano (per doctor’s request)
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, diseases, symptoms and ocular medications
- General office duties and cleaning to be assigned by manager
Other Skills and Abilities
- Reliable transportation that would allow employee to go to multiple work locations with minimal notice
- Ability to work weekends when applicable
- Desire to gain industry knowledge and training
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being team-oriented and patient-focused
- Commitment to work over 40 hours to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We offer health/dental/vision insurance, employer-paid life insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), employer-matched 401k, monthly incentive programs, generous employee purchase program, family purchase events, certification reimbursements, a leadership team that knows everyone by name and loves to promote from within, and a whole lot more!
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.