A Front Office Specialist is trained to act as the first point of contact, setting the tone for a world class Total Patient Experience. The Front Office Specialist will also perform the necessary administrative responsibilities needed to create a smooth check-in/out experience for patients.
$15.50+, Great opportunity to get into the medical field!
Location: Reynoldsburg, OH
- Embrace and execute our Total Patient Experience to build relationships with all patients while delivering great medical support
- Provide exceptional customer service during every patient encounter (in person or via phone).
- Display a professional attitude, greet patients promptly with a smile, and thank them when they leave
- Answer phones (both external and internal); assure prompt, courteous service at all times
- Practice urgency at all times with patient’s time, as well as doctor’s time and schedule
- Double check insurance authorizations to ensure completion and build accurate flow sheets
- Knowledge of common fees charged for common visits
- Check out patients and collect correct payments
- Manage patient flow in the office
- Complete daily reconciliations / close day / countdown cash drawer
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including HIPAA
- General office duties and cleaning to be assigned by manager
Other Skills and Abilities
- Reliable transportation that would allow employee to go to multiple work locations with minimal notice
- Ability to work weekends when applicable
- Desire to gain industry knowledge and training
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals
- Ability to grow, adapt, and accept change
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being team-oriented and patient-focused
- Commitment to work over 40 hours to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information
- Favorable result on Background Check
- Must have own vehicle and be insured, licensed driver in current state of residence
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
HIPPA: All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPPA Privacy Policies and Procedures.
- Regular bending, lifting, carrying, reaching and stretching
- Ability to move throughout the office
- Ability to remain standing for long periods of time
- Lifting heavy boxes and accessing high shelves
If you need help performing these functions of your job, please contact the supervisor so that we may engage in the interactive process with you and find reasonable accommodation.
- Problem solves, reasons and resolves issues effectively
- Use independent judgment and discretion
- Meet customer expectations
- Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
- Use computer effectively and view computer screen
- Exhibit empathy in all situations
- Work changing schedules to meet business demands
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- 401k + Employer Matching
- Paid Time Off, Holidays
- Competitive Base Pay + Bonus
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Paid Maternity Leave
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.