Title: Optical Medical Assistant
Company: Clarkson Eyecare
Location: O'Fallon, MO
Training Provided – No medical/eyecare experience required!
Pay: $15/hour, plus bonus incentives
- Full Benefits Package - Medical, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401k + Employer Matching
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive Base Pay + Bonus
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Full Time
- Monday-Friday 8am-7pm, Saturday 8am-1pm
- You will not work all of these hours, but you must have open availability to work any shift within these hours.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Your own reliable transportation
- Strong customer service skills
- Excitement to learn and grow
- Facilitate patient flow
- Assist the doctor in preliminary testing
- Verify medical and vision insurances
- Effectively communicate with patients, doctors, and managers
- Answer inquiries through phone, email, and in-person requests
An Optical Medical Assistant is a valuable asset to an Optometrist as they assist in providing excellent patient care to the patients during their visit. This employee is able to handle a wide range of duties while using optical equipment to perform the initial testing needed to prepare a patient for an exam with an Optometrist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service during every patient encounter (in person or via phone)
- Display a professional attitude, greet patients promptly with a smile, and thank them when they leave
- Practice urgency at all times with patient’s time, as well as doctor’s time and schedule
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including HIPAA
- Operate manual lensometer, auto-lensometer, autorefractor/keratometer, retinal camera, visual field, GDX or OCT
- Follow scripting for testing equipment (photos, visual fields, visual activity, etc.)
- Clean all examination equipment including tonometer tip
- Set phoropter to patient RX or re-set to plano (per doctor’s request)
- Demonstrates working knowledge of eye anatomy, diseases, symptoms and ocular medications
- General office duties and cleaning to be assigned by manager
Other Skills and Abilities
- Reliable transportation that would allow employee to go to multiple work locations with minimal notice
- Ability to work weekends when applicable
- Desire to gain industry knowledge and training
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being team-oriented and patient-focused
- Commitment to work over 40 hours to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.