**This position will require regular travel within 1 hour of Florissant. We do pay mileage reimbursement.
This position pays $15/hr plus bonus. We also offer health/dental/vision insurance, employer-paid life insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), employer-matched 401k, monthly incentive programs, generous employee purchase program, family purchase events, certification reimbursements, a leadership team that knows everyone by name and loves to promote from within, and a whole lot more!
An Optical Retail Sales Associate is trained to dispense and fit glasses and contacts, working from the prescriptions written by Optometrists and Ophthalmologists. They take into account patients' facial features, occupation, and habits to assist them in choosing the best eyeglass frames, lenses, and lens coatings to fit their needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to operate the auto-lensometer and manual lensometer
- Assist patients in selecting frames according to style and color, coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions
- Educate and recommend specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit patient needs
- Continue to be educated on current brand knowledge
- Accurately collect measurements such as bridge, eye size, temple length, seg heights, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and pantoscopic tilt
- Check in all incoming orders to ensure quality and accuracy
- Dispense patient orders and repair and adjust patient frames
- Dispense all glasses and/or contact lens orders in E360
- Assist other areas when needed
- General office duties and cleaning to be assigned by manager
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times to both external and internal customers
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Reliable transportation that would allow you to go to multiple work locations with minimal notice
- Ability to work weekends
- Desire to continue to gain industry knowledge and training
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Commitment to work over 40 hours to meet the needs of the business
- Exceptional customer service skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.