An Assistant Manager, Optical, assists leadership in all phases of the practice’s operations with special emphasis on profit, sales, personnel, administration, compliance, inventory, and ensuring excellent patient care.
**Position requires floating to different Clarkson Eyecare offices surrounding the Atlanta area**
- Assist in managing staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties
- Ensure completion of general office duties and cleaning
- Supervise the work of the office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems
- Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems
- Look over any appointments scheduled by other members of the office team and checking for any potential timing conflicts
- Assist in the financial operations of the practice by making deposits, reconciling account information and ensuring bills are paid
- Proper handling of customer complaints and dispute resolution
- Ensures compliance with all Federal and State laws as well as all company policies or procedures
- Interface with all Doctors of Optometry and maintain appropriate professional relations
- Set standards and model behavior for optimum customer service
- Create a buffer between the doctor and staff, and doctor and patients
- Maintain communication with all areas of the office and company
- Know about the functioning of each department.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Reliable transportation that would allow employee to go to multiple work locations with minimal notice when applicable
- Ability to work weekends when applicable
- Desire to gain industry knowledge and training
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals
- Ability to grow, adapt, and accept change
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being team-oriented and patient-focused
- Commitment to work over 40 hours to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management or a related area of study preferred. Minimum of 1 year of optical management or industry-related experience preferred.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.