Title: Front Office Specialist
Company: Clarkson Eyecare
Location: Columbus, OH
Training Provided, no experience required!
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Strong customer service skills
- Excitement to learn and grow
- Facilitate patient flow
- Assist the doctor in preliminary testing
- Verify medical and vision insurances
- Effectively communicate with patients, doctors, and managers
- Answer inquiries through phone, email, and in person request
- Promote frames and lenses recommended by the doctor to meet patient needs
Full Benefits Package - Medical, Vision, Dental
401k + Employer Matching
Paid Time Off, Holidays
Competitive Base Pay + Bonus
Optical Education Reimbursement
Paid Maternity Leave
A Front Office Specialist is trained to act as the first point of contact for our patients where they set the tone for the patient’s visit through excellent patient care. They will also perform the necessary administrative responsibilities needed to create a smooth check-in/out experience for patients.
*Pay starts at $15/hour, negotiable based on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service during every patient encounter (in person or via phone). Display a professional attitude, greet patients promptly with a smile, and thank them when they leave
- Answer phones (both external and internal); assure prompt, courteous service at all times
- Practice urgency at all times with patient’s time, as well as doctor’s time and schedule
- Double check insurance authorizations to ensure completion and build accurate flow sheets
- Knowledge of common fees charged for common visits
- Check out patients and collect correct payments
- Manage patient flow in the office
- Complete daily reconciliations / close day / countdown cash drawer
- Comply with all company policies and procedures including HIPAA
- General office duties and cleaning to be assigned by manager
Other Skills and Abilities
- Reliable transportation that would allow employee to go to multiple work locations with minimal notice
- Ability to work weekends when applicable
- Desire to gain industry knowledge and training
- Demonstrates initiative in accomplishing practice goals
- Ability to grow, adapt, and accept change
- Consistently creating a positive work environment by being team-oriented and patient-focused
- Work up to 40 hours per week
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.