**No previous Scribe experience is required, as we provide training!!**
The primary goal of a Scribe is to increase the efficiency and productivity of the physician they are working for. The Scribe allows the doctor to focus on what is most important, the patient.
- Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician.
- Responsible for the operation of the Electronic Health Records of patients.
- Anticipate physician needs to facilitate the flow of the clinic.
- Must be discreet, tactful, and modest in performance of the duties so as not to distract medical staff from patient care.
- Good judgment, organization ability, attention to detail, and ability to be self-motivated are especially important.
- Open and close exam rooms as needed.
- Help with testing and keep rooms filled to maintain flow of the clinic.
- Must be willing to travel between offices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum Demonstrated Skills:
- 2+ years of Optometric/Ophthalmic Scribe experience preferred.
- Efficient in Electronic Health Record (EHR) and ability to accurately record information.
- Good typing, spelling, grammar and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and accepted abbreviations.
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Communication skills and the ability to coordinate and cooperate with multiple members of the health care team.
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
- Must comply with HIPAA confidentiality standards when communicating patient information.
- Is energetic and empathetic with patients.
- Consistently display positive rapport with fellow employees.
- Cooperates with supervisory staff and physicians.
- Demonstrates flexibility in job assignment.
We offer health/dental/vision insurance, employer-paid life insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), employer-matched 401k, monthly incentive programs, generous employee purchase program, family purchase events, certification reimbursements, a leadership team that knows everyone by name and loves to promote from within, and a whole lot more!
If you need assistance with this application, please contact (636) 227-2600. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.
EyeCare Partners is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.