Help patients and SEE yourself as part of the EyeCare Partners team! We are looking for our next Patient Engagement Advocate (Call Center Agent) in our Patient Engagement Center (PEC) to help provide a great experience for our patients. Our Patient Engagement Advocates handle patient calls and inquiries along with addressing other patient needs as the true extension of our 350+ eye care offices. If you like helping people – this could be the job for you!
- Great working hours - Our Call Center is open 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Permanent work from home opportunity beginning the FIRST day of employment!
- Paid comprehensive training - no prior call center experience is required.
- A full suite of benefit offerings.
We bring all Advocates on our team at $16/hour but after 90 days of successful performance, the hourly rate will increase to $17/hour.
If you are looking for a long-term opportunity with huge growth potential, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do -
- Support Inbound and Outbound Patient Communications – Handle patient calls and inquiries, as well as scheduling and confirming appointments. Our Call Center is open 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Be an extension of our offices – Take inbound and place outbound calls to our patients, caring for their overall health.
- Assist our patients – Check on orders for contacts and eyeglasses, verify and pre-authorize insurance, take patients’ payments over the phone and handle urgent situations as they arise.
- Be a team player – Perform all other duties as assigned Meet or exceed specified metrics – Patient Experience measured through quality assurance and patient survey. Valuing our patient’s time which is measured through Average Handle Time (AHT) and After Call Work (ACW), along with successfully setting up patient appointments.
What We’re Looking For -
Education & Work Experience:
- Customer service experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and ability to embrace change
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Pleasant, friendly, professional manner and effective customer service skills. Requires a positive attitude, ability to multitask, ability to work independently or as part of a team, and have a genuine interest in people and desire to help
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proper phone etiquette
- Data entry proficient
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with high level of emotional intelligence.
More about the job and us -
- **You MUST be local to St. Louis, MO area**
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Must be able to sit for an extended period of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Please note the Patient Engagement Center hours are subject to change based on business needed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but you must be available during the “core” work hours of 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday and work 40 hours each week to maintain full time status. You must maintain satisfactory performance in able to keep work from home eligibility.